Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Largest Tournament in the world!


So Katie already blogged about our roommate adventure on her blog, but I figured I could still blog about it on the roommate blog. This is a picture of us (courtesy of Katie) at the largest rock, paper, scissors tournament in the world. It was pretty exciting. We got a t-shirt, hot dogs, cookies, and drinks. The highlight, of course, was the actual throw down. When it got down to it, we only had three options- rock, paper, or scissors. One wrong decision could throw the whole thing off. Talk about pressure. I decided to go with scissors first. I won. But it was best out of three. The next time we tied. You could feel the tension rising. In the end, I beat my opponent. The poor guy didn't have a chance. He was facing me, after all. I was able to proceed to round two. I got a hot dog in between, just so I could keep up my strength. It must have worked, because I won that round too. I was on a roll! Just when I started getting cocky, I faced insurmountable odds. Why were they insurmountable? Pretty much because I could not surmount them. That is when the tournament came to an end for me. I lost in the third round. Sad. I could have won $3,000, but I guess it was not meant to be. The food and t-shirts were pretty cool, though. Was it worth it? Yes. Yes, it was.

1 comment:

उन्मुक्त said...

I enjoyed your blog and especially the post 'The Law of Increasing Disorder'. Entropy or disorder increases with time.

Why have you stooped blogging? Continue.

Please consider removing word verification. It not only troubles the people of my age but also discourages them from commenting. In its place chose option of 'Comment Moderation'.