Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Sumo = Happy Serena


After school today I had to go and get some books for my guitar class so my teacher doesn't have to go on trial for murdering me for not having them for the third week in a row. This is where it all begins; the craving. I have been craving sushi ALL DAY. I haven't had it since August when I got take out from Ra at Kierland Commons with my brother. After running over to best in music, I went to target to get some more sweat pants. I seriously don't know if there is anything better than those things. I only have one pair and I practically live in them. I sleep in them, I change into them when I get home and I wear them to school at least once a week. I figure this must be overly exhausting for my poor grey sweats and thought maybe I should get another pair so they can have a break by trading off. So I ran in the mens section, grabbed a pair of small black sweatpants and hit the road, thinking I was 100% satisfied...NOT QUITE. There was still something missing. My mouth began to water as I texted google to find the nearest sushi spot. Hoping there was something closer than Riverwoods, I received a text within seconds telling me I was S.O.L. I took center street down to Riverwoods and there it was. The Happy Sumo. Do I want a combo, or do I want to order separate? So many choices. Spicy Tuna, California Rolls, Las Vegas Rolls, Lollipop Roll....Heaven. It was Heaven I tell you. Now for the decision...Hell...why? because I can't have it all. After debating for a good time I came to my final decision. Spicy Tuna and Las Vegas Rolls. 15 minutes and my taste of heaven would be ready for me. 15 WHOLE MINUTES? It seemed like a lifetime away. Borders Bookstore helped pass the time as I debated buying the 3-DVD combo of Oceans 11, 12 and 13. It was 20% off and quite a temptation, but I could not deviate from my origional mission...SUSHI. 15 minutes passed much quicker than expected and within seconds of checking the time on my phone to see that it had in reality been 20 minutes, I briskly walked back over to grab my food and hit the road. I walked in the door and there it was, waiting for me. I grabbed my

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

to-go bag (although I think I was a little more thankful to them...hard to believe after all those "THANK YOU'S" right?), hopped in the hyundai, and drove like I was in The Fast and the Furious back to our little place off 4th and 6th. I plopped on the couch, prepared the soy sauce, opened my chopsticks and uncovered the deliciousness that I was about to devour. It was incredible. Just what the doctor ordered and I savored every bite (even though my mouth was on fire from the potent wassabi). Worth every cent. Now here I sit, on our interesting blue and brown triangle patterened couch in my indescribably comfortable sweats watching TLC, completely content.

It really is a good Friday.

PS: Katie and I shared a moment today as well as my mouth fumed with heat from wassabi, and Katie elevated her freezing cold iced ankle, we simultaneously exhaled in pain.

Until next time....

No comments: